I've seen this on a few other blogs & I enjoy trying their recipes, so I thought I would share some of mine! Each week I will try to share a recipe that I am making...hopefully I will keep up with it. Enjoy! :)
Macaroni & Cheese
8 ounces dried pasta (I like to use a different kind of fun noodles each time)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese
1) Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain & set aside.
2) Meanwhile, for cheese sauce, in a medium saucepan cook onion in hot butter until tender but not brown. Stir in flour and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Add cheeses, stirring until melted. Stir in cooked pasta. Transfer mixture into a 2 quart casserole.
3) Bake, uncovered, in a 350* oven for 25 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

3 comments:
Can you send me some! I love Mac and Cheese.
Here's my recipe... open the box, remove packet, put the noodles in the water and boil. When noodles are cooked drain the water and add the packet of cheese. Wahla...mac and cheese. (There is also microwave version, great when you need to eat in 5 minutes or less time!)
I am jealous of you 'cookers'. I know it is not a talent so ummm, I just don't do it :-)
Sounds delish! I may have to make that soon :)
Post a Comment