I'm so glad to say that we are all home, happy & healthy! Skylee joined us at 12:10pm on Monday (after less than 10 minutes of pushing - hooray!!!) and we were home by noon on Tuesday. We have amazing family & friends who were more than wonderful & offered to help with Dailey during our first couple of days home so we could adjust to having Skylee home.
Dailey loves being a big sister & is very excited when she gets to help do anything Skylee needs. She is good at sharing all of her toys with her (I'm sure Skylee really appreciates at this point!), handing me wipes when I change her diaper & giving endless hugs & kisses to her. Last night we were going to dinner so we got both girls loaded in the car & Dailey very quietly said "I love you Skylee." So sweet!! Auntie spent a lot of her day with us yesterday, joined us for dinner then came over after dinner. When she got up & was leaving Dailey jumped up & said "I go, I go!" so, of course, Auntie didn't bat an eye & loaded Dailey in her car with her. She said when they were pulling out of the driveway Dailey kept saying "Thank you Auntie". She is such a sweet little girl!
Skylee is adjusting to her new world very well! Her & Dailey definately have different personalities & it shows already. When Dailey was this age she was awake for about an hour at a time, mulitple times a day & would just sit & look around. Skylee would much rather sleep & doesn't much like to open her eyes, although she was awake for about 45 minutes earlier today...I really enjoyed it! She had her 4 day check-up on Friday & weighed 6 pounds, 12 ounces. By 2 weeks they want her back up to her birth weight & I'm pretty confident that she will be because she is eating really well. Her favorite place to sleep is definately cuddled up on her daddy's chest, the exact place that Dailey still likes to be.

5 comments:
congratulations Becca! Less then 10 minutes of pushing, I am so jealous. Jared was close to 5 hours. Hopefully this next one will be better!
Congrats again.
Oh I just love all the pictures. Skylee and Dailey are both so cute and I'm so glad that I got to come and hang out with you guys! Can't wait to come visit again soon :)
Looking at your pictures makes me tear up. Skylee is so Beautiful and Dailey is just ADORABLE as a big sister. And you looked SO GREAT after giving birth!!!! Congrats mommy...Cant wait to see you all.
Your family is so beautiful Becca! Congradulations on your new bundle of joy! Dailey is so cute too I can't believe how big shes got!!! Hope all is well. Take care and again congradulations how exciting!!
I agree with Shae, how good do you look after giving birth :-) Skylee is just precious. I am so happy for you and Justin and can't wait to hear all the new big sister stories. Love you guys!!
Post a Comment