Boys will be boys...right? That is what we keep telling ourselves anyways! My youngest brother, Landon, is 8 years old & he is the child that always ends up getting hurt. On Mother's Day he fell off of a fence/gate & broke his arm, not a little break, a big break that required a full arm cast for 6+ weeks. Saturday he was playing flag football...you can only imagine how this one turned out! I'm not sure exactly how it all went down but it went something like this - he fell & Logan (9 year old brother) fell on top of his leg. It ended with both of the bones in Landon's leg being broke in 1/2, a ride in the ambulance & a long E.R. stay. They weren't 100% sure that they were going to be able to set it without surgury because the bones were so out of alignment, so they took him to the O.R. and put him under. Thankfully, they were able to set it & cast it without surgery but now he is in a full leg cast for 6 weeks.
He is at home with me today & will be for this week while Mom is at work. He can't move his body at all because the cast is so heavy but between Logan & I we can get him in the wheel chair to get him to the bathroom. Justin came home a while ago & moved him from the chair to the couch & he will be home in a few minutes to move him again if he wants to move.
Please keep Landon & a speedy recovery for him in your prayers!!
5 comments:
Poor Landon! I hope he will recover quickly!
Rachel was telling us about this yesterday afternoon at your gmas. Poor guy! Aaron totally feels for him, since he is in a cast and all that fun stuff right now too! Good luck!
Poor boy and how a unlucky accident... Hope he makes a great recovery and hope he gets used to the cast soon and he can be more comfortable now... My cousin is 10 and he fell from the basement stairs, he didn´t turn on the light and had a bad fall, his tibia broke in two places! He´s in the same situation than your boy! He´s going to be schooled at home while his leg heals, I think we can share experiences and ideas, a broken leg is a very bad experience for a boy, I´m happy that I found a person in the same situation, if you agree I want to contact you via email, because I don´t have a blog, my email is estebanalejo@gmail.com. A huge GET WELL SOON for your kid and my best wishes for his recovery =)
If I did not have my wonderful daughters and their husbands, times like this would be much more difficult. They have all been a huge help and support for me. Thanks guys!
AAAHH! Landon, hang in there. In time you will be back on your feet again. We will be thinking of you.
Post a Comment