Since May, one of Logan's main priorities have been his lambs. He got them when they were little & has been working with them every day to prepare to show them at the fair. When I went yesterday morning to watch him show, I realized that I officially know nothing about 4-H or lambs! He & his friend Slate are in the same 4-H group & thankfully Slate's family has done 4-H for many, many years so they are able to help both Logan & Mom. Yesterday was showing #1 of 3 & I'm not sure what exactly they were doing. Logan placed 4th in his class with his first lamb & 6th with his 2nd lamb. The judge took the top 3 from the first class to the final round & the top 4 from the second class, so he just missed the finals.
Slate's lambs both placed very high in their classes, so both of his lambs went on to the finals. Since the kids can only show 1 lamb at a time, Slate asked Logan if he would show 1 of his lambs for him. It was fun to see them out there together. They became friends when they were very young & it's been fun to watch them grow together. Slate fits in great with Logan & Landon so when they are all together I feel like I have 3 little brothers.
Slate's lambs placed about 13th & 14th in the final round & there were LOTS of lambs, so he did great. The final round went on for a very long time & Slate got bored. He is always the one that is singing & dancing to his own beat, so pretty soon Slate was dancing & playing with his lamb. He was using the ears like drum sticks & just dancing away. He were cracking up!! He must have got bored with that because pretty soon he started acting like his lamb...he was acting like he was chewing & moving his head however his lamb would. He was definately the entertainment for the rest of the final round.
Today is round #2 of showing. Yesterday the boys each picked 1 of their lambs to sell/auction off. I've never been to a sale thing before, but I heard it is very long. It starts at 11:30 with pigs, then goats (people buy & eat goats...??), then the lambs & they end with steers. My sister has to pick up a friend at the airport in Yakima & she volunteered to take Dailey with her, so Becky & I are going to watch the sale.
Logan getting one of his lambs ready to show...Logan showing...
Logan & Slate getting ready for the final round...
Slate & Logan being placed in the final round...This picture doesn't do any justice for how funny Slate dancing with his lamb was, but you can tell here that he was playing with it's ears...they were drum sticks! :)
Logan. I think I caught him off guard...
Slate. I caught him off guard also :)
No comments:
Post a Comment