Thursday, August 21, 2008

Orcas Island...


Last week we had a GREAT trip to Orcas Island! It's an annual trip that Justin's family has done since he was a kids & he looks forward to it every year (so do I!). Last year was our first year that we went as a family, but we plan on making it a tradition with our girls, along with Logan & Landon. We left on Monday after work & headed to Anacortes. We were planning on staying at an RV park not far from the ferry landing, but we decided on the way over that we would try to catch the latest ferry they had. We got to the ferry landing in Anacortes about 8pm & the ferry left at 9 so we had some time to spare. We walked down to the little beach & the kids played for a few minutes before it was time to board. Logan & Landon could not wait to get there to go fishing, crabbing & to play with their friends that they met last year. We got to the resort pretty late so we pulled in & made the beds for everyone & called it a night.



We were all up early Tuesday morning, we had breakfast & the boys headed to the dock to start fishing about 8am. At 1 I hadn't seen them (Justin spent some time on the dock with them though, it's not like they were on their own) so I took them down lunch. They were fishing off the dock with all the kids & had almost filled up the cooler with Bullheads that they were planning on using for crab bait the next day.



Wednesday, Thursday & Friday all pretty much had the same agenda: we had breakfast & the boys headed to the dock to fish, they checked crab pots every few hours, fished more, ate lots of ice cream from the store by the dock, Dailey rode (got pushed) on her bike, we went for a few boat rides & had a great time together!!



Here are some pictures that I took of our week...

Waiting for the ferry...






Justin & Jack, they were ordering Bronco parts for Jack's Bronco :)


The sunset from the dock our first night there...


Kelly, Dailey & I making Dailey's hand & foot print...


Logan making a pot on the pottery wheel...
Dailey was talking on the radio, she was yelling "TALK, TALK!"




The view of the resort from the water. We stay behind the row of trees that are behind the cabins on the beach...
The sunset from our last night...
One of Dailey's MANY bike rides. This little bike is perfect though because we can push her on it, it's almost like a stroller but she thinks she is really big :)


Our crabbers...Logan, Cam, Grant, Landon & Madison


Dailey was driving Little Logan's car & thought it was great until he got in...


Then she realized that it was ok, he wasn't going to steal it from her! :)

I didn't realize how tired I look until I saw this picture...I think I need some sleep!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, glade to see that you guys had a good time. It's so funny to watch your enitre family and realize that, that was the way my family was only a few years ago, my parents and grandparents chasing me, my brother and my cousins around, gettin up early to go fishing, playing down at the beach and always wanting something from the store, ahh good times. Can't wait till next year.

-Logan Keyes

Mommy said...

Love the pictures Becca! We are so blessed to have you in our family.

Becky ♥ said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I love all the pictures, especially the one of Dailey crying in the car, that is hilarious! See you guys tomorrow :)

The Carlson Family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. I wish we were finished with all the projects around here so we could take our kids on a fun trip. Hope to see you soon.
Love Kayla