Can you believe it’s been 7 months today since Justin’s transplant?! The last 7 months have been some of the most exciting, frustrating, exhausting, emotional and rewarding months of our lives. He is so lucky to have Kelly for a sister; I can’t even put into words how grateful we are of her.
I look back and it seems like it was all just yesterday. I can still see all the tubes, needles & monitors, I can hear him breathing when he came out of recovery, I can smell his hospital room, I can see Dailey lying in his hospital bed with him, sound asleep in his arms & I everyday I still feel the relief that I felt on the evening of January 9th, when surgery was done.
Justin is doing so well now - it's amazing how far he has came in only 7 short months. The only way you would know that he has had a transplant & has gone through everthing he has is by his huge scar on him stomach. He is so strong & has so much courage. He doesn't let himself get down, he doesn't ever say that anything is bothering him & he is so gratful of everything that he has.
Dailey is doing great also!!! She has 4 teeth & will have 6 any day, I can see them under her gums. She is so close to walking, but she realizes that crawling is a lot easier & a lot faster. She is getting into anything that her little hands can get & she LOVES the sliding glass door. She is constantly standing at it blowing, sucking & spitting on the glass. She laughs so hard when she does it.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment