Thursday, October 7, 2010

Late night thoughts

Here's a few of my late night thoughts running through my head tonight...

I've been worse than horrible about updating my blog...I'm pretty sure that no one is even going to read this.  Really, who checks a blog when the writer doesn't update for 4 months?  I don't.

We've lived in our house for 2 months & I can count the number of times that Dailey has slept all night in her bed on my fingers.

I canned peaches by myself (the girls helped for a few minutes) today.  It made me feel like a real grown-up!  I had such a great time that I went and bought a box of apples & a box of pears tonight to can this weekend.  I'm going to make apple pie filling & apple butter with the apples - nummy!

Justin has been working his tail off around here to finish the shop & the dirt/yard.  I can't take credit for any of it except for helping paint the shop & cutting 2 boards for him when he was wiring it last weekend.  I'm looking forward to this winter when he's not able to work on as much around here & he'll get to spend time snowmobiling.  Ask me in February & I'm sure I'll be ready for snowmobiling season to be over so I can have my husband back.

We lay in bed as a family each night to watch cartoons or read books & literally the second the light is shut off Skylee is begging to go to her bed.  She peacefully falls asleep when she is put to bed and we don't hear from her for 10 or 11 hours.  When she does wake up in the morning she screams at the top of her lungs for Justin & I then greets us with a big smile.

I love Friday's because my house is filled with 3 little girls that I love to pieces!

Skylee was doing really well with potty training until we moved to our new home.  She hadn't used the toilet here until this last week but then came down with some digestive issues.  I don't dare let her be more than 10 seconds without a diaper on, so needless to say potty training has been put on the back burner.

Dailey started preschool last month & LOVES it.  I can't believe how much she has learned already.  I can only hope that this new excitment will last for many more years!

I've set off the alarm in our new house on accident 3 times so far.  I'm glad each time has been during the day & while no one is sleeping because the siren that blares is incredibly loud.

It was 6 months ago this week since Addi joined our family.  She's such a sweet little thing & I can't imagine what our life would be like without her.

Dailey will be 4 years old on the 27th of this month.  Yes, four.  I can't believe what an amazing girl she is becoming.  In the last couple of months I feel like she's changed from a toddler to a little girl.  I feel so lucky to be her mommy.

I'm tired & I'm off to bed now.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Love your thoughts :)

Sabin Family said...

I'm so glad you updated your blog, its been a long while coming. I love hearing whats going on with you all. I need to come visit you all soon and see your house now that it is finished.

Blair Holmstrom said...

Love it Becca.