In the paperwork process prior to Justin's kidney transplant his transplant coordinator told us, for a fee, Justin could be enrolled in Medicare for 36 months. We chose to pay the monthly fee & use Medicare, along with our private health insurance to cover some of the costs for Justin's medical care. At the time 36 months seemed like an eternity.
Needless to say, when I opened the letter from Medicare last week that reads: "We are writing to tell you that Medicare coverage based on your kidney condition ends with the last day of January 2010." It took me reading it a couple of times before I could process that it has already been three years.
Three years that have only been possible because of Justin's sister, Kelly. Thank you for literally giving Justin the gift of life. We love you!
4 comments:
Blogger needs a 'like' button:)
goose bumps! :0) <3 I remember finding you again and just starting to talk a bit when Justin had his surgery. I can't believe it's been 3 years, what a blessing! So much life has been lived because of it, not just Justins, but Skylee too :0) I'm so happy for your family, Justin (from what I've gathered) is an amazing man and I'm joyed to know he's happy and healthy and HERE.
Here's to many many many more happy healthy years of life and love for you all!
I agree, blogger does need a 'like' button :) Can't believe it has been 3 years, so crazy! So thankful that Justin and Kelly both have something to celebrate today :)
It was about this time of year 4 years ago when we first met Justin at an Ellensburg High School Basketball game. Little did we know at the time how much he would mean to us. He has been a blessing to the whole family and we love him. Thanks for marrying such a great guy.
Post a Comment